|DATE OF BIRTH||December 1979|
|VIEW RAYMOND SMITH'S DART RANGE HERE|
What it means to be a Shot Darts Player
" I have been a fan of the work Shot have done in my home state of Queensland and the Shot Darts Young Guns initiative, so having the ability to work with the next generation of players as a Shot Darts Player is a dream scenario." .. Raymond Smith
When did you start playing darts?
Raymond has been playing darts on and off since he was 18 years of age, playing a few Friday nights at home. A few of his friends would throw in a dollar and play 101 best of 1.
Highest Darting Achievements
- 2023 William Hill World Darts Championship Qualifier
- 2022 Australian Darts Open Men - Winner
- 2022 Sunshine State Singles Champion
- 2022 William Hill World Darts Championship - Last 16
- 2021 North Queensland Classic Men - Winner
- 2021 DPA Oceanic Masters 2021 - Quarterfinalist
- 2018 World Championships Qualifier
- 2018 #1 Australian Ranked
- 2018 Brisbane Darts Masters Quarter Finalist
1. Don’t waste bad days. They will happen and if you don’t learn anything they will happen more frequently. If you’re having a bad game, try figure out why and work on it in your practice. Getting grumpy won’t fix the issue.
2. The game doesn’t need to be complicated and goals are a lot closer than you think.
3. Never be afraid to ask questions or approach anyone for hints and tips. This isn’t just limited to the top tier players. A 3rd division player could be a sports scientist. (It’s true!)
4. Set your goals on what you want to achieve and try break down the maths on how you are going to achieve it. Then build your practice routing to match your goals.
5. Once you reach your goal, reset your goals to the next step in chasing your dream.
Click here for more detailed Darts Coach Tips from the Guru.