|DATE OF BIRTH||April 1970|
What does it mean to be a Shot! Ambassador:
"Being a Puma Darts/Shot! player has been a goal since I took up the game, its a sign of recognition and a top brand believing in you."
Why you like your darts:
"I like the Shot! 901 8 series steel tip in 24gms as they feel comfortable in my grip and the grips fall in the right place everytime. Soft tip darts I use are Shot! 902 8 series 18gms.
How long playing darts:
John started playing darts around 6-7 years ago when he joined the local Cosmopolitan club when he moved to New Zealand to live.
Highest darting achievements:
- 2016 Runanga open semi finals
- 2016 Auckland open semi finals
- 2015 Upper Hutt open winner
- 2015 Mount Maunganui open winner
- 2015 Canterbury classic winner
- 2014 and 2015 North island mens test team winners
- 2014 North Island singles runner up
- 2012 New Zealand Masters semi finals
- 2011 North Island mixed pairs runners up
Other points of interest:
"I change my flights and shafts before every tournament , wear the same shoes, trousers, shirt as things have to feel right. I don't like to walk to the oche feeling something isnt right. I have to be 100 percent focused.
My wife and children have started to play now ,I took my 9 year old and my wife to a mixed 3s event a while ago and they enjoyed it so much. It's great to be able to share my passion for darts with my family.
Follow through every shot. A common mistake in many players that get frustrated is with their lack of consistency - lack of follow through.